1. RTH established during first meeting November 23, 2013, Renton, WA
2. First fly-in youth program meeting held on December 7, 2013 at Regal Air, Paine Field, WA. The two of the first “dues paid” students members received ground training and a discovery flight.
3. RTH awarded Black Pilots of America, Inc. charter on January 17, 2014
4. By September 2014, RTH had 33 members and gained first national recognition with an article in AOPA magazine.
5. First RTH Aviation Day Camp July 2015, Boeing Field, WA
6. First Future Thrust Awards December 2015, Tacoma, WA
7. RTH pilots compete in Operation Skyhook for the first time, May 2016
8. First Red-Tailed Hawks Flight Lessons for Youth (FLY), July 2016, Regal Air, Paine Field, WA
9. Received BPA “Climber Award” for membership growth, August 2016
10. RTH hosted the Black Pilots of America, Inc. National Meeting, August 2017, Paine Field, WA
11. First RTH Aviation Experience, August 2018, Pearson Field, WA
12. RTH grew to be largest chapter of BPA, August 2018.
13. RTH fielded WA & OR teams in the first NESSP Challenge (ANGLeS), 2019
14. Red-Tailed Hawks FLY transitioned to Galvin Flying, July 20219
15. RTH awarded first college scholarships – Jasper Harris, Jr. Aviation Scholarship, September 2020
16. RTH maintained all programs in hybrid fashion with COVID protocols, 2020-2021
17. First Jesse D. Hayes, Jr. MD Leadership Scholarship awarded to Jaylen Palmer, December 2021
18. RTH Aviation Academy purchases two Cessna 172 airplanes N737KJ & N13668, 2021
19. RTH took 2nd place team trophy at Operation Skyhook 2022 – Jesse Hayes IV won Top Gun honors
20. RTH high school ROADS on Icy Worlds team won top performer, 2022
21. RTH won 1st place team trophy at Operation Skyhook 2023!